Virtual Romania's History
We're two Romanians living half the time in the USA and half in
Romania. We started this site because we realized that, while there
are many sites about Romania, none that we could find was really bias
free. They all had a purpose, ultimately making money. So we created
Virtual Romania, which is just for fun. It doesn't have a lot of
information on it (though we keep adding) but whatever is there, is
what we think, not some commercial jumbo. This way we can keep it
nonsense free, simple, uncluttered, no ads, fast loading, the way we
We are not affiliated with anyone in any way. The opinions expressed
here are ours, and no one else's, though we hope they are shared by
many people. We do not plan to make money with this site (on the
contrary, we're spending money on it) so please do not contact us
about placing ads on Virtual Romania.
It's quite some work for only two people, and it really feels good when,
every once in a while, someone comes along and says 'good job'. So thanks
to everyone who does that, you inspire us and give us momentum to keep adding
That being said, these are the main events in Virtual Romania's life:
We hope you enjoyed our site. Please come back from time to time,
as new content is added constantly. If you have
suggestions, or if you want to drop a line you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear what you want to see next on Virtual
Romania. Please keep in mind this is work in progress, after
all. We'll try to answer your message, but understand that we have
a high volume of email.
- April 2015 - added
more lyrics for some of her songs, courtesy of Sergiu Sora.
- December 2007 - added seven songs by Maria Tănase. Also added
more lyrics for some of her other songs.
- August 21st, 2007 - Virtual Romania has an external contributor!
His name is Stefan Mardale and he is native of Buzau currently
studying in Iaşi. The Buzau County
page was born of his initiative. Thank you!
- March 17th, 2007 - added a Cluj page.
- February 10th 2007 - added a history of
Virtual Romania section. It's purpose is mostly to keep track
of the changes on the site, as well as informing visitors that we're
not a commercial site and we are not affiliated with anyone in any way.
- February 10th 2007 - added a recipes section.
It currently contains one recipe, mamaliga.
- August 20th 2006 - added new songs by Maria
- February 8th 2006 - made the map of
Romania navigable. Added a satellite image of Bucharest in the
maps section, and also made it navigable.
- February 8th 2006 - added a music section with old songs from Bucharest.
- December 6th 2005 - added a section on Liviu Vasilica.
- November 9th 2005 - added a romanian maps
section containing a map of Romania.
- September 9th 2005 - added a contact us page.
- March 28th 2005 - added a places to visit
section. It has only three places, Bucharest, Brasov and Sighisoara,
and not too many pictures.
- March 15th 2005 - Virtual Romania starts. It has a music
section with some of Maria Tănase's
songs and some famous Romanian
songs, and a link to dexonline.ro
Virtual Romania's crew